The newly redesigned, 3000-watt Whisper 500 Wind Generator from Southwest Windpower can provide over 500 kWh per month given a 12 mph wind.
The Whisper 500’s blade is constructed of fiberglass and foam core to provide easy and efficient operation as well as low wind start-up. The blade operates quietly in high winds thanks to its patented “angle governor” design. Southwest Windpower states that the Whisper 500 is suitable for village power projects, farms, ranches, back-up power and remote homes with large energy demands.
The company has a series of tower kits especially for the Whisper wind turbines (and the AIR wind module). The tower kit include everything you need to install your tower except for a pipe and cement. Installation, they claim, can be finished in half a day.
- 14-foot (4.26m) rotor diameter which give 175 sq. ft. of swept area
- new stronger, larger yaw shaft
- new blade stabilizer straps
- third spindle bearing for increased reliability
- maximum survival wind speed is 120 mph
The Whisper 500 Wind Generator comes with a 5 year warranty.