The innovative Unisolar PVL Solar Roofing line of products includes building integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) a lightweight, flexible solar electric system designed to serve a dual purpose of roofing and power generation with solar panels. It is also an ideal solution for new construction or re-roof situations, especially when you are in a position to put on a new roof.
This metal panel roofing combines the appeal of a structural roofing product with the solar electric capabilities of photovoltaics. It enhances a standard metal roof with a power system that is durable, beautiful and best of all, functional, saving you money.
- Architecturally pleasing systems that do not distract from the natural lines of the home
- Cost effective installation through easy and fast fixing of large area roofing elements using standard installation techniques
- No back-ventilation of solar panels necessary (lightweight laminates are easy to handle and can be field applied directly on metal)
- Complete design freedom with ridge to eave coverage possible
- Solar panels are structurally and aesthetically integrated roofing elements
- No support structures needed
- Integrated with flat 16” wide (minimum) metal roofing systems
- Wind and water-tight roof
- Suitable both for renovation and for new construction
- 20-year power output
- Standard junction box or weather-tight quick connect system
- “Peel & stick” adhesive backing capable of withstanding 160 mph wind loads
- UL Listed.
What we like best about these are the dual purpose functionality of the system. We can’t tell you how many times we have seen the redundant use of solar panels over shingles or steel roofing. We wondered if the 2 could be combined – well, it looks like they have now and with great test results.
Also available are Roll Laminate Unisolar photovoltaic laminates (PVL) which are flexible and lightweight laminates made exceptionally durable by encapsulation in UV stabilized polymers, like a plastic seal. The polymer encapsulation is partially constructed of durable ETFE, (example, Tefzel®) a high-light-transmissive polymer. Very good stuff that is used in UV situations that expect wear and tear.
- Power Ratings from 64W to 144W (some modules require a minimum order)
- Lightweight & Flexible
- Shadow & High Heat Tolerant
- Easy Peel & Stick Application
- Virtually Unbreakable (No Glass)
- You can use these products in several different Applications
- Grid-Connected Metal Roof Shade & Parking Structures
- Grid-Connected Agricultural Metal Roof Structures
- Residential Grid-Connected Systems
- Schools, Municipalities & Institutions
- Renovation or New Construction
We highly recommend this product and we think it has a great future. The Unisolar PVL solar roofing is welcome, and its dual usage should be considered in every new home construction or renovation where solar panels are considered.