Have you ever wondered if you have enough wind at your location for a wind generator?
The new Windblue Lite Breeze Low Wind Generator Kit is designed for areas with average wind speeds of 5 mph to 25 mph (2.2 to 11.2 m/s). This is a real breakthrough for families who don’t live in windy areas yet still want to use wind energy to power their homes.
Let’s take a look at the specs for this product.
- The WindBlue DC–540 Permanent Magnet Alternator PMA comes equipped with 3-phase External Rectifier connector and standard DC output connection
- TLG Windpower Products new stainless steel hub 5 foot/1.5 m diameter “Cy-Clone” Rotor Blades provide increased performance in high wind situations while still maintaining great low wind performance
- Custom built yaw mount assembly with exclusive teflon pivot washer
- Laser cut aluminum tail vanes match the rotor blades and create a great look.
- Complete Assembled Weight: 34 lbs/15.4 kg
- Overall Length 43 inches/1 m
This is the highest quality PMA Wind Generator Kit around, and built with high-grade components at an affordable price. The kit includes the NC25A Charge Controller and ER Connection Kit in the box for a complete setup.
The completely brushless alternator eliminates the need for maintenance and reduces friction. The new stainless steel generator shaft gives excellent corrosion protection and increased power output.
The Windblue Lite Breeze Wind Generator Kit is also equipped with a 3-phase External Rectifier pigtail. This is a small, black connector on the back of the unit that allows you to run less costly 3-conductor wire to your battery location instead of large heavy battery cables. Once at the battery location the 3-phase power is fed into an External Rectifier and converted to DC for connection to the battery.
Built-in rectifier provides DC output if you don’t want to use the 3-phase External Rectifier output connection. (DC output is unregulated)
- Specially wound Low RPM output stator
- Super Strong N42 grade Neodymium rare earth magnets in its core replace the inefficient electromagnetic field coil
- Zero cogging
The generator is built using GM Delco alternator components including new Stator Coils and factory balanced stainless steel shafts. Replacement bearings and parts will be available for years to come. In addition, the it has a clear, baked-on ceramic finish that will stand up to harsh outdoor environments.
Rotor Blade Features
- Proven design by one of the best blade manufactures in the industry, TLG Windpower Products
- 58 inch/150 cm in diameter
- 3/16 inch/4.8 mm thick stainless steel hub and 1/8 inch/3.2 mm thick laser cut aircraft grade aluminum blades for maximum strength and durability
If you own a set of those noisy black plastic blades sold by fledgling wind turbine companies, you won’t believe the difference. These are not cheap thin aluminum blades. A hail storm will not damage them and winds up to 100 mph (45 m/s) will not bend them. The quality of the blades lets the generator run very quietly.
The blade hub comes unpainted and ready to prime. The blades can be waxed, or painted with a clear coat finish, but even if left untouched they will remain shiny for a long time.
Generator Mount Features
- Modern simple design creates a clean look
- Strong, 1 inch steel square tubing frame
fits over standard 1.5 inch schedule #40 or #80 pipe
- Low friction teflon pivot washer for smooth yaw movement in the lightest breeze – a first for kits in this class
- High quality split lock collar at the base for a strong hold on your tower
- Built-in tail boom holds a beautiful set of 1/8 inch/3.2 mm laser cut aircraft grade aluminum tail vanes
The mount comes painted in a Black Primer finish and ready to paint the color of your choice. We like blue, of course.
There’s no need to wait for gale force winds to produce your wind energy – the Windblue Lite Breeze Low Wind Generator Kit will do the job starting at 5 mph (2 m/s) wind speeds.